"PADRE FRUMENZIO GHETTA" LIBRARY
The Institute's Library was founded in 1981, with the public reading library of Vigo di Fassa alongside it, and it did not become autonomous as a specialist library until 1983, when the municipal library moved to another location. In the early 1980s, it was included in the Library Catalogue of Trentino and later on, in the early 1990s, it became part of the Trentino Library System, guaranteeing users the opportunity to take advantage of the entire patrimony of books and relative services. Since October 2014, it has been dedicated to the memory of the historical figure of father Frumenzio Ghetta (1920-2014).
The “Padre Frumenzio Ghetta” library is specialized in Ladin language and culture, linguistic minorities, general anthropology, Alpine ethnography, folklore, local Trentino history, studies of material culture and mountain literature.
It is situated on the first floor of the Ladin Cultural Institute and its patrimony of books is divided into a Modern Collection and a Historical Collection.
The entire patrimony of books is included in the Trentino Bibliographical Catalogue and can be consulted on the Internet, through LibriVision, at the following address: www.cbt.trentinocultura.net
The library offers consultation services, local and interlibrary lending, assistance in bibliographical research and guidance on the material it possesses. It is also possible to make photocopies for personal use.